Whether you are a first time owner of your lovable pet dog, you should know your responsibility to take care of his or her health condition. One of th
Whether you are a first time owner of your lovable pet dog, you should know your responsibility to take care of his or her health condition. One of the biggest things that you have to concentrate on raising your pet dog is definitely the feeding. And yes, consulting the veterinarian or the dog’s specialists can give you the perfect tips for feeding your dog.
Feeding your dog
Before you know the food items to feed your dog, it is crucial to explore about some factors that are considered for deciding it and they are given as follows.
- Age – This is the main that you have to concentrate for feeding. Based on the age of the dogs, the feed methods may be varied.
- Meal time – Not all the dogs like to eat the meals at the same time. Even it is day or night, you should pick the best items that do not make any adverse effects.
- Breed type – Depending on the type of the dog breed, it may take the food. So, you have to know the breed and likable food items of your dog to make him healthy.
While you feed your dog, you should focus on various aspects. Those things are provided as below.
- Opened pouches and cans of the pet foods should be kept in the refrigerator and it is better to use it within 2 to 3 days.
- You should make sure that the clean and fresh water to your dog to make your dog healthy and happy.
- Reduce the size of the meat according to the nutritional balance for your puppy.
- Dry pet food items are also available in the market and you can buy it to feed your pup.
- If you use the plastic bowls for feeding your pet dog, it should be replaced periodically to avoid further problems.
Just like the needed food items, the dogs should not be fed with the a certain kind of the items like alcohol, coffee, licorice, green parts of tomato plants, excessive fat items, chocolate, raisins, grapes, mouldy food, slug pellets and more.